Friday, September 21, 2012

Interview With Upcoming PenStress Ashley S

Ten Things To Know About Ashley S
 
 
BIO
 
Ashley S aka The PENtress is a writer from Georgia who got her start in writing at the age of 11. She wrote in her Diary daily and turned those thoughts into Poetry and also Music. Penning her first book titled 'The Turn Out' last year turned her love for writing into a second career that she has enjoyed since her childhood. Being an Avid Reader she is inspired by the likes of Ms. Maya Angelou
to Ms. Terry McMillan. Her main focus and purpose for writing is to teach each reader a lesson in the books and Poems that she writes in hopes that it inspires them.
 
1.)Tell us about yourself.
 
I'm 28 and I was born & raised in Georgia... Originally from Macon. I graduated from American Professional Institute in 2010 in Medical Assisting. My goals as an author is to continue to inspire my readers and also to be signed.
 
2.) What inspired you to pen your first short story, “The Turn Out?”
 
This is funny! Lol... To be honest I was watching Basketball Wives one day  and I was seeing the change in Jennifer and Evelyn's friendship and originally The Turn Out was going to be based off that. But I also watched The First 48 religiously so I just put two and two together and penned The Turn Out.
 
 
3.)When you’re not writing what do you enjoy doing?
 
Of course I put my spirituality first before anything. I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends, traveling, reading, singing, dancing, and watching TV. I'm always on YouTube as well lol.
4.)What book are you reading right now?
 
"No Girl Needs a Husband Seven Days a Week" by Nina Foxx
 
5.)What are some of the upcoming projects you are working on now?
 
I'm working on two books. 'Stereotype' and 'Deadbeat Moms'. The titles alone are striking but it's something we see day to day that I felt the need to address because one is basically judged incorrectly  in the Justice System while the other takes advantage of the Justice System thinking they could get away with things. So with both books I hope to open the eyes of those who think it's
ok to either misjudge or abuse the system.

6.) You say you write so people can take a lesson from the words you create. What was the lesson from your short story ‘The Turn Out?’

 To not jump to conclusions. Think before reacting because for every action there's a reaction. And to meditate on things before you make a sound decision.

7.)Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I love Ms. Maya Angelou and Ms. Terry McMillan. Ms. Angelou is a poetic queen to me because her words are true and you feel it. Ms. McMillan is a woman that knows how to get her point across whether its in her books or in her movies. I admire both for being strong women of color that defied the odds.
8.)How did you come up with the title?

I came up with the title of The Turn Out by actually reading the first couple of chapters in its beginning stages. I chose that title because at the end of each chapter it would leave you wondering how the unfolding events would turn out so it stuck.

9.)  What is something you would like readers to know about you that no one else knows?
 
 I enjoy the Construction field. Nails, Wood, Bricks, and all. Lol. And decorating!
10.)In five years, where do you see yourself as a person in general?

Making a difference. Married. Living in a Penthouse in New York City on my 10th book and still inspiring others in a large way.

Keep up with upcoming Author Ashley S:

Twitter: @TrueNovelista
Blog: thepentress.wordpress.com
Wattpad: wattpad.com/AuthorAshleyS

Synopsis
Close friends Victoria Dent & Kamille Jones have demanding jobs. Victoria is a 28 year old, newly divorced lawyer who just made partner at the firm and is in no rush to start back dating again. Kamille is 27 years old & is CEO of her own music label & one day meets the man of her dreams even though she is hiding a painful secret. While both ladies struggle with their own personal issues, Kamille comes face to face with her past. Victoria gets caught in the middle when her ex husband Kin asks her to do the unthinkable! Is Kamilles’s new man all he says he is? What does Victoria’s ex-husband ask her to do? Will Victoria & Kamille remain friends? What secret is Kamille hiding? Find out in this page turning twist that won’t be the turn out you expect!
 Copyright 2011 © Ashley S All Rights Reserved
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment