Monday, August 6, 2012

Introducing Author Charae Lewis

Interview With Charae Lewis Author of Mil-Town's Finest
1.)  Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Charae Lewis and I’m from Milwaukee, WI. I enjoy shopping, reading and Makeup. My writing journey started in January of 2011.

2.) Where did the concept for “Mil-Town’s Finest” come from?

I was actually inspired by the TV show The First 48. Instead of the situation being between two men I decided to create it with two women. I observed how people were so quick to turn on their friends and family so I took that inspiration and penned Mil-Towns Finest.

3.) In the story, Natalya had a hard time letting go and forgiving, Do you know anyone similar to Natalya who may have this same problem or was there a different meaning behind her not being able to forgive other’s?
I know a lot of people who have a hard time letting go of the past and forgiving others. I wanted readers to know that forgiving someone is much bigger than you. It’s about regaining power over your life and moving on.

4.) So you have to let the reader’s know, were any of the characters in, “Mil-Town’s Finest”, real?
Most of the characters were just a figment of my imagination but I did pull certain characteristics from people that I know. There are some characters that do remind of certain individuals that I’ve encountered but for the most part they’re fictional.

5.) Reading Mil-Town’s Finest was an excellent enjoyment and took me out my comfort zone as well. But, where did the unique and creative title come from?
Mil-Town is actually the nickname of my hometown which is Milwaukee, WI. I just wanted to show my city a little bit of love so I chose Mil-Town’s Finest as the title.





6.) When did your passion for writing come about?
I’ve always been an avid reader so I was actually inspired by other authors to start my writing career. When I first started, it was a bit of a struggle because I despised English in high school but after getting the hang of it, I loved it.

7.) Do you have a specific writing style when you write your novels?
I usually start off with a character’s name then start my novel. I never use an outline and I never know how the book will end. I just write until I’m done with the story.

8.) Is there anything you find particularly challenging about your writing?
Sometimes trying not to repeat a story I’ve already written can be a challenge. I hate to sound redundant.

9.)  Could you let the reader’s and fan’s know what’s next for you and how to stay updated?
Hopefully more novels will be in the near future. If anyone wishes to contact me my email address is charaelewis@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/public/Charae-Lewis
Follow Charae on twitter https://twitter.com/charae_lewis

Book Descripion

Natalya has learned that life can throw many curve balls. Since her mother never cared for her, she was forced to turn her hustle mode on, learning to become a woman at an early age. Working for Milwaukee's Kingpin Pooh wasn't a dream for Natalya, but it paid well; however, after a fateful encounter with the law - coupled with the betrayal of those closest to her - she's forced to face the reality that she could spend years behind bars...

Nissa is racked with guilt from having to choose between her freedom and her best friend, Natalya, whom she never meant to put in such a horrible situation. As if things couldn t get worse, Nissa soon falls for someone who's forbidden, someone that she feels is her true love - but she's soon faced with the grim realization that looks can often be deceiving...

After doing a one-year bid, Natalya has a new lease on life, determined to pursue her calling as a fashion designer. While getting her life together, she runs into her childhood crush, J'ron, who just happens to be the brother of her nemesis, Nissa. As Natalya's bond with J'ron deepens - will it be strong enough to endure the deadly of vengeance...?

Purchase Mil-Town's Finest Amazon.com for kindle, nook, apple, and BN. Mil-Town is also available for paperback pre-order which will be available August 28,2012

Bio

Charae Lewis was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Reading has always been one of her favorite hobbies, and she was eventually inspired by other authors to write her own story - ultimately challenging herself to write a book. Charae loves writing because it simply takes her to another world where she can design the rules. She also writes for the benefit of young people going through the same types of situations that she pens. Ready to take the literary industry by storm, Charae is currently working on her fifth novel, and one day she aims to grace the NY Times Best Seller List.

No comments:

Post a Comment